Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Transplant's Pantry




How many women do I know that rave about food co-ops?  My roommate in college, my mother-in-law, and countless others who possess that cooking soul and demand fresh, organic products for their culinary creations.  
Since we're transplants for awhile, and I'm officially weary of the cost necessary to feed my family humanely by means of Whole Foods, I decided to do the homework on food co-ops.
Today my son and I made the trip to Anner's Pantry, a Tulsa, OK based organic, as-local-as-possible food co-op.  What a treasure, in true Glass Collector spirit!  Fruit and veggie bags, juice bags, weekender bags, meat, dry goods, spices, you name it!  
Anner and her family run the co-op out of their home in Maple Ridge, something reminiscent of  Dorothy's Kansas home transplanted to OZ.  I fully expected to find two legs in striped stockings and boots emerging from the slab as we approached the porch.  And as if this delectable discovery weren't enough, Anner maintains an enormous circular herb garden in her front yard.  Members may come to pick herbs at their leisure, day or night.  Just bring a pair of shears if it's after hours!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's hard to shop at WF without spending a fortune. This looks like a wonderful alternative.

    ReplyDelete