Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Swiss Dream Come True



So the birthday is coming around the bend again.  
As I age I am more comfortable with treating myself to high quality, meaningful items that I know will last a lifetime and that have good resale value.  My parents would be so proud.  Thus I've been mulling over investing in a Bernina sewing machine for some time.  Berninas typically accompany a quilter/crafter for twenty years or longer, attesting to the unparalleled Swiss workmanship.  So I continued mulling, and mulling, and waiting for a floor model sale at my local quilt shop, and mulling a bit more, and hinting to my husband, and, and, and...
Then today my son comes in the door after a trip out with Daddy, and tells me "Mommy you can't have your new sewing machine!" in a matter-of-fact three-year-old style, as if to punish me somehow.  But at that moment butterflies batted in my stomach and my eyes welled up.  Could it be?   He took me outside and in the trunk was my new Bernina.  A swiss dream come true indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment