Monday, July 29, 2013

Twinkle twinkle

Recently I finished up a Bernina mastery class at my local quilt shop.  As I passed the front desk on my way out, this regal beauty hung high on the wall.


They call it Amish With A Twist II.  I stared longingly at the stunning piecing and quilting, in fantastic solid-only color ways, and at 150in square, imagined it hung high on a wall in my home or on a california king.  Maybe one day...  I left the shop with a skip in my step just thinking about it

Over at a friend's house the next day, I caught a glimpse of a photo of AWAT II on her dining room table, and a fabric kit lying close by.  Could it be?  I stopped in my tracks, grabbed my friend and demanded an explanation.  Yes, she joined the block-of-the-month club to make this other-wordly quilt.    And so I joined her on this fantastic journey.

They say this quilt has a twinkle effect.  I couldn't agree more.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment