Saturday, December 15, 2012

Meeker on 10 Habits of Happy Mothers


On my eternal quest for simplicity, my husband found a great book for me.  I wasn't too keen on the title, one of the billions of self-help titles that I avoid at the bookstore.  Surprisingly, it's been a refreshing reprieve from the medical journals and texts I traditionally put first, and brought me back to the roots of what makes us happy as women.  Meg Meeker is a pediatrician, and gives a great spin on motherhood, career and keeping life simple.  She addresses the importance of friendships, our extended tribe of women, and prioritizing who and what comes in and out of our lives in this age of acceleration. Two thumbs up!  Other titles by Meeker: Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters and Boys Should be Boys.

1 comment:

  1. i usually shy away from books that look like this- but since it has your stamp of approval, I just might have to add this to my pile.

    ReplyDelete