Sunday, December 16, 2012

Scrappy Seasonal




Over the last year I've accumulated quite a heap of quilting scraps.  I've kept them all since I adore the fabrics, and thought I would make something wild one day incorporating them all.  This simple technique can turn any collection of fabric scraps into seasonal ornaments, and it's a treat for a three year old partner who can bask in the Mod Podge.  



All you need is a cardboard ornament mold (stars, cones, etc.) or plastic ball ornament, some Mod Podge or other papier mache paste, a sponge brush and your ab fab fabric scraps; all found all your local craft store.  Paint the paste onto the mold, add a scrap, and add another layer of paste over the scrap and voila!  
I love recycling the leftovers of other projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment